Mental wellness is as important as physical wellness. The two aspects work closely together to support one-another. When you are mentally well, you are able to better focus on being physically well, and vice versa.
Mental and emotional wellness is about self awareness, your mindset, and getting over barriers and challenges. A lot of people think that mental wellness is the same as mental health, or is the absence of mental illness. But that’s not true.
Every person has mental health, with emotions that cycle daily. Mental wellness is how you connect with, understand, and express your emotions. Your mental well-being is important because it is connected to all the other facets of your well-being.
One of the best ways to increase your emotional intelligence is to become aware of your feelings so you can maintain a positive mental state.
Did You Know?
– The most common emotion experienced is JOY. People experience positive emotions 2.5 times more than negative emotions, you can even experience both positive and negative emotions at the same time.
– Emotional well-being, mental health, and mental illness are different.
– Emotional well-being includes things like being aware of and accepting your feelings.
– Mental health is the functioning of your brain and how you process the emotions.
– Mental illness refers to a range of disorders that can hinder functioning in aspects of daily life.
– 1 in 5 U.S. adults live with a mental illness of varying severity and type. Two classifications: any mental illness & severe mental illness (SMI)
Roanoke Virginia is a quick 3-hour drive from the Washington, D.C. region, making it a perfect destination for a wellness quick trip!
Are you tired of forgetting your resolutions? Don’t worry, set measurable wellness goals instead and stay motivated all year long!
Don’t know what to do with your wedding dress? These tips will help you feel positive about consigning, selling, or donating your new or used wedding dress.
Student loan debt stress plagues many Americans. These tips will help you navigate your student debt and improve your mental health.
Instagram’s Yoga Inspiration __Sweetcheeks shares her 8 steps to loving yourself!
Managing change during difficult situations can be difficult. These 8 tips will help you overcome many challenges that life will throw at you.